This Hot Roast Beef Sandwich is perfect for cold nights when you want a warm dinner. Try this recipe from Resource ThickenUp® Clear today!
4 oz. roast beef cooked 1/4 cups water or low-sodium beef broth 2 scoops ThickenUp® Clear 2 slices soft, white bread* without crust 2 Tbsp. 2% milk 1 scoop ThickenUp® Clear 1 cups prepared mashed potatoes (potatoes should be smooth, with no lumps) 1/2 cups beef gravy (gravy should be smooth, with no chunks of meat)
1. Place cooked roast beef and liquid into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Add ThickenUp® Clear and mix briefly to combine ingredients. If needed, scrape down sides of container to make sure all ThickenUp® Clear is blended in.
3. Place pureed roast beef into a small pan or microwave safe dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Cover and reheat to serving temperature (about 165°F).
5. Prepare pureed bread by crumbling bread slices into small pieces and placing in a bowl.
6. Pour milk over bread and soak for 5 minutes.
7. Once softened, place bread and any remaining milk into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, scraping down sides of container as needed.
8. Add ThickenUp® Clear and process briefly until mixed, scraping side of bowl as needed.
9. Spread about 1½ tablespoons of pureed bread onto a plate. (If desired, use a spatula to flatten and shape puree to resemble a bread slice.)
10. Top with about ? cup pureed roast beef. (If desired, use a spatula to flatten and shape to resemble a square.)
11. Top beef layer with ½ cup mashed potatoes and 2 oz of beef gravy. Serve warm.
12. Remaining servings of bread, roast beef, potatoes and gravy may be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours or frozen up to 1 week.
You are currently leaving our site, and headed towards: